YOUR LOCAL SOURCE FOR
NAIL BASE PANELS
Learn More About Nail Base Panels
How Do Nail Base Compare In R-Value?
A nail base panel consists of a rectangle of rigid foam with OSB adhered to one side. While nail base panels were originally developed for use on roofs, they are increasingly being installed on walls. Nail base panels are an easy way to add continuous insulation and air sealing to older homes as part of a comprehensive energy retrofit plan or as an energy conservation measure when replacing siding.
In cases where we are working on a remodel or building an addition the panels are cut to fit onsite and attached over the existing wall and/or roof sheathing, providing added insulation without disturbing the inside of the home. The OSB face serves as the fastening surface for siding or roofing.
Our Nail Base Panel is offered in a variety of composite thicknesses, providing long-term thermal resistance (LTTR) values from 6.3 to 24.2.
Nail Base Panel Advantages
Advantages of using nail base panels:
- Various sizes to match design needs
- Multiple options are available
- Select core type and thickness to match your performance needs
- Outside installation allows better performance, faster installation, and no disruption of existing wall assemblies, insulation, or mechanicals
- Detailed to minimize drafts
- Assembly details that require minimal training
Quality SIPs Information
8685 Township Rd 561,
Holmesville, OH 44633